LEANTO is hiring for the 2017 Season on Orcas Island!
We’re specifically looking for folks available May –> September or October!
Who we are
We’re a team of passionate trailblazers who welcome guests to five fully outfitted campsites in Moran State Park.
Our glamping experiences are everything guests have always wanted camping to be – authentic, effortless and inspiring. We launched back in 2015 and have been flattered by really, really strong demand so we’re looking to add quality folks to our team of hospitality professionals.
About the gig
A LEANTO Adventure Ambassador is an active job that allows you to spend the majority of your day outside enjoying nature and helping guests do the same. You’ll need to be able to lug large loads of supplies and luggage up-hill, dust, polish, clean and make beds in a jiffy while also being the ultimate Ambassador for Moran State Park and Orcas Island.
Hours generally range from 9am – 4pm 3 – 5 days/week.
In addition to housekeeping and grounds-keeping duties, you’ll need to respond to guest needs throughout their stay. This includes chatting with them about their experience if they’re checking-out or by helping us welcome them to camp if they’re checking-in.
New to the outdoor hospitality industry? Great! We train folks with a great attitude and passion for providing a top-notch experience.
- Reliability – both in showing up as scheduled ready to go and in being available by phone and e-mail
- Housing on Orcas Island
- Flexible availability that includes weekends
- Reliable transportation to and from Moran State Park for scheduled or on-call work
- Great communication skills
- Great attitude with a big willingness to help guests and work with other team members
- The ability to be on your feet and outside all day, walking up and down hills and uneven ground carrying all sorts of supplies, firewood and luggage, reaching, bending, crawling
- The ability and willingness to complete cleaning tasks at a high level and fast pace when we’ve got lots of work to get done to ensure that our guests receive a nice welcome to Camp and a spotless tent and campsite
- The ability to regularly lift and carry 15 – 30lbs
- Impressive attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old
Nice to haves
- A passion for creating amazing guest experiences
- A strong knowledge of driving directions, activities and places to eat
- Availability for training starting in May – we’ll need help through October
- Interest in advancement opportunities
- You’ll get to wear a snazzy a uniform!
- You’ll meet lots of great people from all over the place
- Hours are generally 10am – 4pm so you’ll still get to enjoy your summer
- We’re a fun group to work with that values and rewards top-performing team members
How to apply
If you’re interested in joining our team, go ahead and download our application for employment, fill in all of the blanks and don’t forget to sign and date it.
You can attach a PDF scan of your completed and signed application to an e-mail to hello @ stayleanto . com with the subject ‘I want to join your team!’ and a cover letter in the e-mail body.
Alternatively, you can regular-mail a paper copy of the completed and signed application along with a brief introduction letter to LEANTO PO Box 321, Olga, WA 98279.
Feel free to also include or attach letters of recommendation.
Thanks so much for considering joining our team!